In accordance with the District Policy the following dress code has been established for students at ISG Jubail School. Clothing worn during school hours should be clean, modest, in good taste and sensitive to the expectations of the host country. Our Dress Code expectations are for all members of the community, as well as the students. Parents and faculty will note that these standards must also be adhered to when on campus.
The ISG Jubail Dress Code is the following:
- Clothing worn to school must be clean, well maintained (without tears/holes), hemmed (not dragging on the floor) and loose fitting. Pants are to be no lower than hipbone level.
- Clothing with offensive and/or distracting pictures or words is not acceptable. Clothing that displays any pictures, symbols or language that represents violence, alcohol, illicit drugs or anything that would not be acceptable in the host country is not acceptable.
- Students are encouraged to bring caps and hats to wear during hot weather while they are outside, but these may not be worn inside the school building.
- Shoes that pose a safety concern are not acceptable.
- Tank tops worn should cover shoulder with four fingers (ie no spaghetti strap, or bare shoulders shirt).
- Blouses and shirts must have a modest neckline and not be made of see-through fabric. Blouses and shirts must not allow any skin to be shown in the midriff at any time during any activity.
- Leggings and tights are not to be worn as the primary clothing. They may only be worn as undergarments. Leggings and tights may be worn during PE with shorts.
- Students in all classes may wear shorts. Shorts length must be below fingertips when arms are extended straight at one's side. Skirts and dresses must reach to the top of the knees for all students in all grade levels.
- Shorts may not be worn for school sponsored activities off the school campus except as approved by the supervising adult and for athletic or SAIKAC competitions.
- We recognize that children will need to dress differently when they have PE. Students are required to wear PE uniform for physical activity during school.