For students living in the Royal Commission, ISG Jubail is required to provide and charge families for transportation to and from school. Our dedicated teacher assistants serve as bus monitors for the additional safety of the children. Students living outside the RC must make their own arrangements to and from school. The bus routes are arranged so that no student should spend any more than 1 hour on the bus. If time spent on the bus exceeds 1 hour, the school’s administration should be notified and arrangements will be made to rectify the problem.
Students who ride on the bus are required to behave in a responsible manner. This primarily involves; staying seated with seat belts fastened, demonstrating self-awareness by keeping one's voice at a reasonable level, not eating food or drinking (water is permitted), and not attracting attention to the bus by engaging those in other vehicles and/or on the street. Students not in compliance with the bus rules will be reported to the school administration for disciplinary action. In the interest of everyone's safety, the school has the right to suspend or expel students from riding the bus if behaviors persist. The highest level of respect and courtesy for the bus monitor, the driver and one another is of the utmost importance to ensure a safe and enjoyable ride to and from school each day.
This space is the best way to let us know of any questions or concerns regarding bus matters; routes, drivers, supervision, rules, etc... As always, you may also contact the school administration at any time.
- Always walk to the bus. Never run.
- Be outside of the house about 3 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Wait in a safe place away from the road. Do not run and play while waiting.
- Follow directions of the your bus monitor the first time given. They are like your teacher and you should listen and do what they say.
- Go directly to the assigned seat. Remain seated and facing forward for the entire ride.
- Wear a seat belt during the entire ride.
- Talk quietly (so the driver will not be distracted).
- No chewing gum, food or drinks allowed on the bus.
- Never throw things on the bus or out the windows. Use the waste bin.
- If there is an emergency, listen to the monitor and follow instructions.
- When getting off the bus make sure you walk (not run) three more steps away from the door. This is the best place to be around a bus. Stay away from the bus wheels and watch out for moving cars!
- Once you get off the bus, go straight home so an adult will know where you are.
- You may use only your designated bus. If you need to get a ride somewhere else, parents must provide transportation for the children.
- If you leave something on the bus, never return to the bus to get it. The driver may not see you come back and they may begin moving the bus.
- If you drop something near the bus, tell the bus driver before you attempt to pick it up, so they will know where you are.