We inspire innovation and compassionate action.
- Students learn best with voice and choice.
- Learning is a reflective practice.
- Learning requires a safe, collaborative environment.
- Learning requires feedback for growth.
- Learning inspires passionate engagement.
- Learning from failure requires a growth mindset.
- Appropriate challenge engages and motivates learners.
Student conduct is fundamentally fused with our Graduate Profile. As part of the MSA accreditation process, the school invited students across all ISG schools to collaborate and create the following list of characteristics based on a wide breadth of educational knowledge and understanding of what it means to educate the whole child. We endeavor to make students aware of these characteristics and motivate students to strive towards integrating them into their lives.
ISG students will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Leadership - inspire and motivate others
- Collaboration - purposeful and effective interaction with others
- Individuality - self-development, confidence, and motivation
- Open mindedness - embrace and respect diverse ideas to refine perspective(s), balance judgment, and inspire compassion
- Balance - well-roundedness, focus, and sustenance of a healthy mental and physical lifestyle through an efficient and proficient use of time
- Integrity - willingness and desire to do the right thing
- Growth mindset - belief that talents may be learned and perfected through perseverance
- Critical thinking - apply multiple perspectives and deep reasoning to real world situations
The purpose of assessment is to improve learning.
- The student is the first and most important user of assessment data.
- Reflection is integral to deep learning.
- Assessments should be aligned with adopted standards.
- Feedback to students should be timely, targeted, accurate, actionable, ongoing, and embedded in the assessment process.
- Assessments should produce accurate data capable of informing instruction and learning.
- Assessments should give students opportunities to demonstrate their learning in a variety of ways.
- Creating and upholding structures that support teacher collaboration around assessment practices will enhance student learning.
At ISG, we will collaborate globally, innovate independently, and engage in problems of global importance.